1) White privilege.
4) Hearing Latinos referred to as “spicy.” ~ Bite me.
5) Fox News. ~ Refer to #1 and #3.
6) Stupid people. ~ They are everywhere. They procreate. They choose their “own” truths. Refer to #3, #4 and #5.
7) When American women call women of other cultures second-class citizens, as if we’re exempt. ~ Women in this country do not have that much to celebrate, especially women of color. Refer to #1, #2, #3, #4 and #5.
8] Patriarchy. ~ It’s still over. Stop calling me. Refer to the “Dear Patriarchy” post.
9) Glamour, Cosmopolitan and all other magazines like them. ~ I don’t need to learn another way to lose my belly fat or thrill my man in bed. YOU suck it.
12) The state of Arizona and all of the Xenophobia running rampant in this country. ~ This nation was established on the principles of greed, injustice, land theft, genocide and immigration. In fact, this country still thrives on those principles; the labor of undocumented immigrants; and the working class. How dare you? Refer to #1, #3, #4, #5, #6, #10 and #11.
13) Hate crimes and hate speech. ~ Refer to #3, #5 and #6.
14) The State thinking it can decide what laws apply to my body. ~ MY body. Refer to #8.
15) Organized religion and those who vehemently refuse to question it. ~ Refer to #5, #7 and #8.
16) Music videos on MTV, VH1, CMT and BET. ~ Women are demoralized and objectified across musical genres and television networks. Refer to #3 and #8.
18) Americans who do not exercise their right to vote. ~ Refer to #17.
19) WE, Oxygen and the growing number of Wedding Networks. ~ Million dollar weddings don’t guarantee a happily ever after, neither will that Vera Wang dress.
20) The fact that the American public school system is poorly funded; teachers are overwhelmingly unsupported and underpaid. ~ Refer to anything ever written by Jonathan Kozol.
21) When parents/guardians leave childrearing solely to teachers. ~ It takes a community, people. Refer to #20.
22) The so-called “separation” of church and state.
24) Claims that the “re-appropriation” of hateful words that target, demoralize, oppress, and condone violence against specific groups of people is okay. ~ It’s not. It never will be. You are just doing their dirty work for them. Willingly and for free. Refer to #13, #15 and #23.
25) Dirty politicians. See #10 and #11.
26) BP and the politicians who have helped them become the company they are today. ~ Refer to #25.
27) Those who claim that feminists hate men. ~ We don’t hate men. It’s that simple…we don’t.
28) Women who think feminism is a bad word. ~ That’s what they want you to think. We actually encourage you to think for yourself! Refer to #8.
29) Ethnocentrism. ~ My culture is not better than yours. In fact, we can sit down and debate over whose is more oppressive.
30) When people start sentences with, “God said…” ~ Don’t you ever wonder what your God would say to mine? [Wait for it…] Did you ever think that perhaps your God was not the only God? [Wait for it…] What if my God was your God’s God? [Yeah I said it.] Refer to #6 and #15.
31) Pedophilia and the sexualization of children. ~ We aren’t doing enough to protect them. Refer to #17, #18 and #25.
32) The blatant racism, sexism, and violence against women occurring within the 14 billion dollar porn industry. ~ The porn industry is completely out of control and no one is doing anything about it. Refer to #1, #2, #3, #4, #13, #17, #25 and #31.
33) Sexism and violence against women. ~ It has to stop. Refer to #1 thru #32.
1) White privilege.